Lake Lavon is managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to supply water to the member cities of the North Texas Municipal Water District; to provide flood control to the Collin, Dallas and Rockwall County areas, and to offer some of the best fishing, camping and boating in Texas.
- Length: 9,540 feet (2,908 m)
- Maximum Depth: 59 feet (18.0 m)
- Surface Area: 21,400 acres (87 km²)
- Conversion Storage Capacity: 275,000 acre feet (339,210,000 m³)
- Conservation Pool Elevation: 492 feet (150.0 m) msl
- Spillway level is 503.5 feet
- Shoreline Length: 83 miles (134 km)
Current US Military, Law Enforcement and Fire & Rescue Employees receive a generous discount from Lavon Water Sports.